- Apple Rings: slice up a bunch of your favorite red or green apples and dip them in pancake mix. Throw them in a pan for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown, then top with whipped cream and cinnamon. You can enjoy for breakfast, or should we say dessert? The choice is yours!
- Tostada Pizza: think of this as if Taco Tuesday and Pizza Friday had a baby. Yes, that’s right you can make tostada pizza using pancake mix for the crust. Start by mixing your favorite pancake mix and then bake it on a cookie sheet. Add a layer of refried beans, seasoned ground beef, and cheese and top with lettuce, diced tomatoes and sour cream.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: we’re not talking your traditional recipe here. We’re kicking it up a notch by using pancake mix as the base. Throw in some light brown sugar, coconut oil, peanut butter and chocolate chips and you’ve got a snack the whole family will enjoy.
- Breakfast Bake: the best thing about this recipe is that you can refrigerate the leftovers and eat them throughout the week – especially when you’re on the run. Create a breakfast pie with pancake batter as the crust. Then add your favorite veggies, eggs and cheese. You can warm it up or eat it cold!
- Funnel Cake: ah, the boardwalk classic. There’s nothing better than taking a stroll down the boardwalk in the early morning while on vacation, unless you get your hands on a funnel cake. Well, if you don’t have a vacation planned, you’ll be happy to know that you can make it in your very own kitchen with that pancake mix in the cabinet.
Chip’s Family Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner to customers in Fairfield, Orange, Southbury, Trumbull and Wethersfield, Connecticut. Breakfast is served all day, and customers can even place an order online for pickup. For more information about locations and menu items, please click on the tabs above.