Back in the day, chefs and cooks alike had to make do with the tools and utensils they had. And quite frankly, it wasn’t anything to swoon over. Today, we’re tipping our caps to inventors and creative-minded people for making our lives much easier when it comes to kitchen gadgets. See below for 5 items that are going to make you enjoy spending time in the kitchen:
- Banana Slicer: put the knife down and pick up the banana slicer. This plastic device is much safer and cuts an entire banana into bite-sized slivers in no time. It’s perfect for when you want to top your pancakes with a sweet treat!
- Bread Maker: most mass-produced loaves of bread contain lots of preservatives to make sure they last on the shelf for a few days and if they don’t, chances are they’re going to be moldy before you know it. Why go through the trouble and the harmful chemicals when you make your own piping hot loaf in the comfort of your home?
- Bullet Blender: chop veggies, pulverize nuts and blend smoothies with ease in the Bullet. Your favorite sauces, recipes and cold drinks just got a whole lot easier.
- Slow Cooker: this one will probably save you the most stress and the most time. Put your dinner in before you leave the house and it’ll be tender, juicy and ready to eat as soon as you walk in the door.
- Panini Press: want the luxury of a perfectly crispy sandwich without heading out to the deli or local diner? A panini press is the perfect solution for grilled cheese and hot sandwiches whenever you get hungry.