If you’re not sure what foods to serve at your Memorial Day party this year, you’ve come to the right place – we’ve got a list of delicious items that we bet guests will want to see.
- Bacon cheeseburgers: Hamburgers and hotdogs are a barbecue fan favorite, but if you want to have guests’ mouths watering even more, add some bacon and cheese into the mix.
- Ribs: There’s nothing like your classic barbecued ribs! Just make sure you have enough wet wipes and napkins to go around for guests who plan to get their hands dirty!
- Wings: It doesn’t matter if they’re buffalo or barbecue, people love to get their hands on delicious wings (bone-in or boneless). Should this be one of your barbecue options, don’t forget to have some celery ready for the side.
- Grilled chicken: For those guests who aren’t into hotdogs, hamburgs, ribs or wings, it’s always helpful to have grilled chicken ready – we’re sure it will win over their taste buds faster than you can even cook it!
- Guacamole: Whether you serve it as a topping or as a dip, you can bet that a bowl of guacamole will be gone in a heartbeat. Besides, it tastes like summer if you ask us!
- Pasta salad: You always need an excellent side dish or two to serve with your main course! Our recommendation? Pasta salad – you can’t go wrong!
- Ice pops: Ice pops are such a summer staple, so make sure you stock up on a few different flavors – after all, many of us view Memorial Day as the “unofficial start of summer.”
While these foods would certainly be a big hit, remember that you know your guests best, so if they have some other preferences in mind, make sure you’ve got them on the menu too!
Chip’s Family Restaurant is a restaurant in Fairfield, Orange, Southbury, Trumbull and Wethersfield, and has been serving the local people of Connecticut since 1966. With five locations currently open, there is an opportunity for everyone to experience the menu items that has everyone in the area talking! To learn where you can find a Chip’s near you, please visit the locations tab above.