1. Clean out your refrigerator. When was the last time you cleaned, and we mean really cleaned, your refrigerator? It’s easy for foods to get shoved to the back and for you to overlook expired items, so take some time to clean it out completely to make sure the only foods you have left are those that are good for you and ready to eat. While you’re at it, don’t forget to wipe down the inside shelves too!
2. Analyze and restock your pantry. If you want to eat better but your pantry is filled with unhealthy snacks, clean it out and restock with healthier alternatives! Just like we suggested with your refrigerator, don’t forget to be on the lookout for foods that may have expired so that you can toss them and make room for other items.
3. Deep clean your oven. Your oven works hard to cook your food, so say thanks by giving it a real deep clean! Start by wiping down the top and the oven door, then use the self-cleaner to take care of the inside (if applicable). If your oven doesn’t have a self-cleaner, you can make your own cleaning solution with baking soda and water.
4. Dust off decorations. Dust can accumulate fast on the decor you have on your walls, so take some time to really wipe things off! Let’s face it, you don’t want dust falling into your food now, do you? To get things extra clean, you may even want to take down your decor completely so that you can dust off all edges and even the backs.
5. Run the dishwasher. Normally we’d say to not run your dishwasher unless it’s full, but during your spring cleaning, try running it while it’s empty to really rinse it down. If you’ve been noticing a foul odor coming from your dishwasher lately, you can even add some vinegar before turning it on to try and wash that away!
A clean room is most certainly a happy room, so before you say you’re officially done with your spring cleaning, make sure to dedicate as much time as you can to your kitchen!
Chip’s Family Restaurant is a restaurant in Fairfield, Orange, Southbury, Trumbull and Wethersfield, and has been serving the local people of Connecticut since 1966. With five locations currently open, there is an opportunity for everyone to experience the menu items that has everyone in the area talking! To learn where you can find a Chip’s near you, please visit the locations tab above.