- 1. Read through the menu thoroughly and ask questions if you are unsure about one of the menu offerings. Your waiter or waitress is there to do more than just take your order – they’re also there to provide you with the best dining experience possible, so don’t be afraid to inquire about something if you’re not clear on what the menu says.
- 2. Let your server know if you or anyone else in your party has a food allergy that the cooking staff should be aware of, especially if you want your waiter or waitress to provide you with their suggestion on what meal you should choose. Here at Chip’s, we take allergies seriously (especially gluten allergies), which is why a portion of our menu is completely dedicated to gluten friendly meals.
- 3. Be as specific as you can about your order. If a substitution needs to be made or you don’t want a certain food item included, don’t just assume that your server will know – you need to tell them!
- 1. Shout at your server to get their attention. You certainly wouldn’t want to be interrupted by another guest as your waiter or waitress is taking your order, so respect those around you and wait patiently or quietly ask for someone to come over to your table to help.
- 2. Have your cell phone on full volume. It’s okay if you need to have your phone handy, but the constant ringing or text message notifications could be distracting to your neighbors. If you’re expecting a message or a call, put your phone on vibrate so that you can still be alerted without interrupting others.
- 3. Constantly get out of your seat or let members of your party run around the table. If you’ll be dining with a younger crowd that tend to get restless, prepare activities to bring with you ahead of time to keep them occupied, especially if they have to wait. Since your sever and the rest of the wait staff will be carrying hot plates back and forth, you definitely don’t want your little ones to get injured if they are roaming free throughout the restaurant!
At Chip’s Family Restaurant, our goal is to provide an excellent dining experience for all – without our customers, we wouldn’t be able to do what we love!
For more information about where you can find a Chip’s near you or to check out our online menu, please continue to take a look around our website. We certainly hope we get a chance to see you soon, and if we do, remember to keep these do’s and don’ts in mind!