Healthy Eating Tips
Posted on January 2nd, 2015 by Chips Restaurants
When it comes to New Year’s Resolutions, a common theme across individuals of all ages is to start eating better. Regardless of what that entails – be it eliminating junk foods, cutting down on fast food or simply following a better eating schedule – making a change in eating habits can be one of the more difficult resolutions to follow through with. But it doesn’t have to be! Although you may think so, you don’t have to quit your favorite foods cold turkey just to see results.
If your number one priority for 2015 is to begin eating healthier, we’ve got the tips you need to get started; check them out below!
1. Start Slow: Like we said, making a lifestyle change doesn’t have to happen overnight. Instead, start making small changes to your diet by removing one thing and adding another. For example, if your afternoon snack consists of your favorite cookies, try having graham crackers with peanut butter instead. After making adjustments over time, eating healthy will come naturally. To see additional snack substitutes for a healthy diet, click here.
2. Eat Smaller Portions: Rather than eat with your eyes, start to take smaller portions for all of your meals. This tip especially comes in handy when your favorite “not so good” foods are in front of you – you can still enjoy them, just take less of them!
3. Use Your Body As A Guide: People often eat just because the clock says it’s time too. However, it’s ideal to listen to your body and eat only when it says it’s hungry. Furthermore, since it takes a while for your brain to register that you’re full, eat slowly and stop eating before your stomach feels full so your brain can catch up.
4. Fill Your Plate With Colors: Fruits and vegetables are an essential component of any healthy meal. The next time you go to grab a bite, make sure your plate is as colorful as can be.
5. Eat Smaller Meals All Day Long: Although it sounds contradictory, one of the best things you can do is eat all day long – but small meals that is! By eating consistently rather than sticking to three strict meals, you’ll keep your metabolism going for longer periods of time.
In order to truly eat healthy, many people also assume that they need to cut out the number of restaurants they visit. However, eating out doesn’t always need to mean you are eating bad; when you visit Chip’s Family Restaurant, eating healthy is easy! To cater to all of our customers’ wants and needs, we offer an array of healthy food options. For more information on the healthy food we serve, click here or visit a Chip’s near you today!