Five Fast Breakfast Ideas
Posted on April 17th, 2015 by Chips Restaurants
Between getting yourself ready for work, your children ready for school and completing any other household chores that you like to do in the AM, mornings can be one of the most hectic periods of your day. But while you might feel like you’re able to get everything done by the time you leave the house, unfortunately one of the most important tasks that is often pushed to the side is preparing and eating breakfast – sound like something you experience on a daily basis?
Since a morning meal is essential to get your body ready for the day, we did some research to find five fast breakfast ideas that you can keep in mind for the days when you’re in a rush to leave the house; check them out below:
1. Smoothie: Breakfast smoothies are possibly one of the quickest and easiest things to make in the morning. And the best part is, you can make them however you’d like! If one day you prefer one type of fruit and the next day you’d rather another, you can mix things up any way you want to get the taste your craving.
2. Cereal with Fruit: A classic favorite, cereal is a great go-to breakfast since it’s easy to pour and relatively travel friendly. If you’re looking for a bit of added flavor, though, everyday HEALTH suggests mixing in a serving of fruit!
3. Fruit Salad: Does your family have a hard time agreeing on what fruits to keep in the house? With this easily transportable breakfast option, you can make everyone happy by adding a little bit of everything – grapes, strawberries, cantaloupe, you name it!
4. Energy Bar: Although the above ideas don’t have too long of a preparation time, we know that sometimes there is no time left to even breathe in the morning. Therefore, if you need to just grab and go, consider reaching for an energy bar that possesses a lot of nutritious value.
5. Breakfast Burrito: If you have some extra time the night before, try putting together a breakfast burrito with the ingredients of your choice. Easy to warm up, these can be a great source of protein in the morning!
For more fast (and healthy) breakfast ideas, check out this article from Real Simple.
Although these are great options for you and your family, we know that it can be even nicer to sit down to a full course meal when you have the chance. At Chip’s Family Restaurant, you can do just that! When you have some free time (this weekend perhaps?) we encourage you to visit our Fairfield, Orange, Trumbull or Wethersfield location and try one of our delicious pancakes – did you know that we were voted best pancakes in CT for 6 years in a row and were named best breakfast in Connecticut Magazine’s readers’ choice awards? When you choose Chip’s to provide you with your next breakfast, we’re confident that you won’t be disappointed!
For more information about our locations and where you can find us, please click here.