Why Should You Eat An Apple With Breakfast?
Posted on October 23rd, 2015 by Chips Restaurants
We’ve all heard it before – an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Do you make it a priority to bite into one of these juicy fruits at least once a day? If you often go without a serving of fruit, we’ve got a solution for you – include an apple with breakfast. Especially if you’ve gone apple picking this autumn and have a kitchen stocked with honeycrisp, golden delicious or granny smith apples (just as a few examples), there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be packing one in your lunchbox for when you arrive to work or having one before you leave for school. Below, we’ve outlined some of the health benefits that apples can bring:
1. A Healthy Heart: Apples help prevent your arteries from being taken over by plaque, which is a common cause of coronary artery disease. This is particularly due to the phenolic compound that is found in apple skins – Best Health says that this “prevents the cholesterol that gets into your system from solidifying on your artery walls.”
2. Reduced Risk: Research suggests that eating apples can help reduce your risk of having a stroke and developing diabetes. While we can’t say this will prevent it, many studies show that individuals who eat apples have a lower risk of encountering these health conditions when compared to those who do not.
3. Increased Energy: If you like to complete your workout in the morning, then you’ll definitely want to have an apple on the breakfast menu. This is because eating an apple before exercise can help increase your endurance!
4. Weight Control: And weight loss, for that matter. Apples can fill a person rather quickly, and if you’re preoccupied with counting calories, an apple won’t break you as they are relatively low in this area.
5. Low Cholesterol: It’s as simple as it sounds – eating apples is known to help people lower their cholesterol levels. If you struggle with high cholesterol, an apple can help due to the soluble fiber that it contains.
It may not be a cookie and it may not be a piece of cake, but it’s still important to make apples an essential part of your diet – these health benefits alone are well worth it!
Here at Chip’s Family Restaurant, we understand just how important it is to maintain a healthy diet, which is why an entire portion of our menu is dedicated to healthy alternatives. To check it out for yourself, visit us in Fairfield, Orange, Southbury, Trumbull or Wethersfield, Connecticut!