When going out to eat with friends or family, it can be easy to over indulge in the many delicious foods available on a restaurant’s menu. However, before placing your order, it’s important to consider ways that you can adjust your meal to reflect healthy habits! If you’re looking to improve your eating habits while still enjoying all of your favorite foods, check out the following tips for eating healthy at restaurants:
- Choose water instead of sugary drinks like soda, iced tea and lemonade to accompany your meal.
- If you plan to order a dish that is fried, see if you can adjust it to be steamed or grilled instead.
- Ask for any breaded items, like sandwiches or toast, to be made from whole-wheat bread.
- Avoid adding too much butter to your meal or side dishes.
- If more than two guests are considering the same meal, split the main dish between the two.
For more tips on how to eat healthy when eating out, click here.
At Chip’s Family Restaurant, we understand the importance of eating healthy as often as possible. That’s why we offer a wide variety of salads and all natural meals! To learn more about our healthy menu items, please click here, or, visit a Chip’s near you the next time you go out to eat!