It always seems like there’s something new to talk about each season – new clothes to wear, new adventures to go on, new ways to decorate your home – but what about food? Eating is something we all do each and every day, and to avoid getting bored by sticking with the usual, the start of a new season is the perfect opportunity to shake things up! This year, we believe you absolutely must try the below Spring recipes at least once:
1. Pea Pancakes: Pancakes are our speciality, so of course we’re starting off with this type of food. We think the recipe for pea pancakes from Bon Appétit is awesome and a super original way to change up a traditional breakfast!
2. Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole: Forget about heavy meals and start your day with something lighter! If ham and cheese are two of your favorites, this twist will give you the same great taste just in a healthier way – it has half of the calories and 1/3 of the fat of the original, according to Eating Well!
3. Spring Chicken and Barley Soup: Soup isn’t just for cold Winter nights – it can be just as satisfying in the Spring too! Eating Well’s recipe adds 1/3 cup of pearl barley to the rest of your favorite chicken soup ingredients, and the result will have your mouth watering.
4. Chicken and Strawberry Salad: Strawberries might seem to be more of a snack or dessert food, but they go great in this chicken and strawberry salad from Cooking Light. It’s easy to prepare, simple to make, and the perfect choice to curb your hunger on a beautiful Spring day!
5. Strawberry-Mint Sparkling Limeade: Our list wouldn’t be complete without including one delicious drink recipe! At the end of a long day, take a sip of strawberry-mint sparkling limeade and instantly taste it’s refreshing goodness.
While we certainly recommend you give these recipes a try this Spring, don’t feel like all of your eating habits have to change – you can still enjoy your favorite pancakes, sandwiches and more from Chip’s Family Restaurant whenever you have some free time! To learn more about our menu or where we’re located, please continue to look around our website or visit us on Facebook or Twitter to ask any questions you may have.