When you think of summer, back yard barbecues might be the first food thought that comes to mind. But the season also brings with it bountiful amounts of sweet, juicy fruits. Take advantage of some of the most delicious local fruits this summer by piling them high on top of your pancakes. Here are 5 of our favorites:
- Pineapple Chunks: aside from being sweet, juicy and delicious, pineapples have lots of health benefits. They support your immune system and bone health and can reduce the risk of macular degeneration, a disease that affects the eyes as people age.
- Blackberries & Raspberries: berries are great sources of fiber and even though they can be expensive out-of-season, they come packed with awesome qualities – high in vitamin C and 8 grams of fiber per cup.
- Fresh Apple Slices: to get the most nutritional value out of your apples, keep the skin on and always remember to wash them thoroughly before eating. For an extra special treat, we recommend sprinkling with cinnamon sugar.
- Peaches: peaches and cream, anyone? Yes, it’ll taste as good on your pancakes as any other dessert variety you’ve had in the past.
- Strawberries: high in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, it’s amazing they taste so good! There’s nothing like biting into a fluffy stack of pancakes topped with fresh strawberries and a little whipped cream.
Chip’s Family Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner to customers in Fairfield, Orange, Southbury, Trumbull, Wethersfield, and our newest location, Southington, Connecticut. All our meals are homemade, breakfast is served all day and we use local fresh produce. To visit one of our locations or view our menu items, please click on the tabs above.